ZAZENKAI: HALF-DAY INTENSIVE
Saturday, August 11th 2018 from 8:30am-12:00pm
THIS SUMMER ZAZENKAI WILL BE DEDICATED TO JUST SITTING.
Please note the change in start and end times above.
This is an intensive zazenkai meant to deepen our practice in community with others.
We will offer six zazen periods with walking meditation in between, daisan and one short rest period. There will be no dharma talk or practice circle.
Unlike most half day retreats at Empty Bowl, there will be no kitchen set-up. Please bring your own snack and beverage. Registration is $10.
To sign up and register, please use EBZ's shared Google Sheets spreadsheet LINK.
If you have never been to a zazenkai or have any questions about Google Sheets, email Ron Manning via quick form .
To help the organizers, please be mindful that the deadline for registration is Wednesday, August 11th. We hope you will join us.
Zazenkai payment ($10) can be made via PayPal or check. Click HERE to pay via PayPal, but please read above. If you prefer to pay by check, make your check payable to Empty Bowl Zendo and mail to PO Box 640, Morristown, NJ 07963-0640. For further info including parking, see below or link to Parking for EBZ.
FIRST TIME GOOGLE SHEET USERS
1. Send an email to Ron Manning at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an invitation to view and edit the spreadsheet.
2. Click on the link below to access the spreadsheet -it’s that easy!
3. Enter your name, indicate payment method, volunteer for snack or supply offering, choose seating type, volunteer for set up and eventually, view service assignments.
4. Please Note that paying through PayPal no longer automatically registers you for the zazenkai. PayPal is now just one of four methods of payment. We are asking everyone to please use the spreadsheet to register and indicate whichever payment method you chose.
5. If you need to make a change, you can use the link or just go to Google Sheets. If you need to cancel, you can remove your name, but send Ron an email as well.
Click HERE to pay via PayPal, but please read above. If you prefer to pay by check, make your check payable to Empty Bowl Zendo and mail to PO Box 640, Morristown, NJ 07963-0640. For parking and other information, see below. Registration and $10 payment is due the Wednesday before zazenkai. Please be mindful of the deadline.
We are located at 36 South Street, Morristown, NJ 07960
We meet on the property of the Church of the Redeemer on South Street in Morristown. The Zendo is located in the Parish House, the building next to the Church .
Please do not park in the Church parking lot. On-site parking is reserved for Church and Soup Kitchen Staff only. There is metered parking along local streets, but is only for short term two-hour parking. So we recommend the parking lot on Dumont Street which is a block east of South Street (or Rt. 124 as indicated on the map http://www.morristown-nj.org/parkmap.html. This lot is metered, $.25 per 45 minutes, and allows for payment up to 12 hours. There is a kiosk that will take coins, cash or credit cards.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Facing the Church property, the Church will be on your right; the Parish House will be on your left - with a driveway between the two. Walking half way down the driveway, on your left you will see a door to the Parish House. Go up the small stairway to the large wooden door. To the right of the door you will see a metal panel with three buttons. Push the Upper Meeting Room button and wait. Respond with the word "Zendo" and you will be buzzed in. Walking straight through the first floor hallway, you will come to a stairwell. The zendo is at the top of the stairs.