After meditating for some time you might find you desire more spiritual direction or guidance - perhaps by becoming a student.
The first step is to make a formal request to Sensei Ray or Sensei Michele. You'll then be asked to write a short spiritual biography:
- What brought you to this practice?
- How long have you been practicing?
- Do you practice on a regular basis?
- Have you worked with a teacher before?
- If so - who have you worked with?
- Are you confronting any spiritual issues?
- Are there any dilemmas you are facing?
Bring your completed biography to daisan.
If accepted as a student, you'll be asked to:
- Deepen your commitment to Zen practice (attend sesshin and zazenkai)
- Choose one of the below
- Body practice - Yoga, Martial Arts...
- Creative practice - Painting, Poetry...
- Perform Service regularly at the Zendo
- Work with your teacher as spiritual guide