calendar & events
Zazenkai is a half-day intensive meditation opportunity held at EBZ. It includes zazen, kinhin, an encouragement talk, one short break and the opportunity for daisan. Registration is $10. We ask that you sign up and register in advance by using EBZ's shared Google Sheets spreadsheet LINK. If you have never been to a zazenkai or have any questions, contact Ron Manning email@example.com.
Payment for the zazenkai can be made via PayPal or check. Click HERE to pay via PayPal, but remember to register via the Google spreadsheet link provided above. If you prefer to pay by check, make your check payable to Empty Bowl Zendo and mail to PO Box 640, Morristown, NJ 07963-0640. Registration will be accepted up to the Friday before, but please register in advance.
MINDFUL OF THE ENVIRONMENT
In an effort to reduce our use of disposables at the zazenkai, we are asking everyone wishing to enjoy our beverage service to please bring a drinking mug with them. We will wash it and return it to you, or if you have an extra, you can put your name on it and leave it in the dish cupboard for next month.
FIRST TIME GOOGLE SHEET USERS
1. Send an email to Ron Manning at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an invitation to view and edit the spreadsheet.
2. Click on the link below to access the spreadsheet -it’s that easy!
3. Enter your name, indicate payment method, volunteer for snack or supply offering, choose seating type, volunteer for set up and eventually, view service assignments.
4. Please Note that paying through PayPal no longer automatically registers you for the zazenkai. PayPal is now just one of four methods of payment. We are asking everyone to please use the spreadsheet to register and indicate whichever payment method you chose.
5. If you need to make a change, you can use the link or just go to Google Sheets. If you need to cancel, you can remove your name, but send Ron an email as well.
Click HERE to pay via PayPal, but please read above. If you prefer to pay by check, make your check payable to Empty Bowl Zendo and mail to PO Box 640, Morristown, NJ 07963-0640. For parking and other information, see below. Registration and payment is due the Friday before zazenkai. Please be mindful of the deadline.
ZAZENKAI PARKING INFO
Please do not park in the Church parking lot. On site parking is reserved for Church and Soup Kitchen Staff only. There is metered parking along local streets, but is only for short term two-hour parking. So for Saturday Zazenkai, we recommend the parking lot on Dumont Street which is a block east of South Street (or Rt. 124 as indicated on the map http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address=38%20Dumont%20Pl&city=Morristown&state=NJ&zipcode=07960. This lot is metered. This lot is metered, $.25 per 45 minutes, and allows for payment up to 12 hours. There is a kiosk that will take coins, cash or credit cards.
ZENDO ADDRESS - 36 South Street
We meet on the property of the Church of the Redeemer on South Street in Morristown. The Zendo is located in the Parish House, the building next to the Church - we are upstairs on the second floor. Enter from the side door closest to the Church. Press the Upper Meeting Room button on the intercom for admittance. Once inside, walk in and straight ahead you will see a stair well to the second floor. Come on up.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Facing the Church property, the Church will be on your right; the Parish House will be on your left - with a driveway between the two. Walking half way down the driveway, on your left you will see a door to the Parish House. Go up the small stairway to the large wooden door. To the right of the door you will see a metal panel with three buttons. Push the Upper Meeting Room button and wait. Respond with the word "Zendo" and you will be buzzed in. Walking straight through the first floor hallway, you willl come to a stairwell. The zendo is at the top of the stairs.